The schema on the web site is lacking various required attributes to support Kerberos with a LDAP backend.

http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Kerberos.schema

 

When I tried creating a password policy, I encountered errors because of missing attribute definitions and discovered the following were lacking in the schema:

krbPwdAttributes

krbPwdMaxLife

krbPwdMaxRenewableLife

krbPwdAllowedKeySalts

 

I also am encountering issues loading a dump file (i.e. doing a conversion). Even after resolving the above missing attribute definitions, I find about 1% of the principals fail to be loaded (when using kdb5_util load –update …)

 

<dumpfile>(line #): cannot store principal@REALM(Database store error)

<dumpfile>(line #): cannot read dump entry header

 

I plan to enable additional debugging to determine the cause of the above, but I know the dump file is fine because the same dump file can be loaded into a db2 backend without issue.