Skip Menu |
 

Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 4.1KiB
From jfc@jfc.tiac.net Mon Nov 18 21:30:06 1996
Received: from MIT.EDU (SOUTH-STATION-ANNEX.MIT.EDU [18.72.1.2]) by rt-11.MIT.EDU (8.7.5/8.7.3) with SMTP id VAA13517 for <bugs@RT-11.MIT.EDU>; Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:30:06 -0500
Received: from maildeliver0.tiac.net by MIT.EDU with SMTP
id AA06775; Mon, 18 Nov 96 21:30:02 EST
Received: from jfc.tiac.net (jfc.tiac.net [206.119.76.82]) by maildeliver0.tiac.net (8.8.0/8.8) with SMTP id VAA21651 for <krb5-bugs@mit.edu>; Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:30:00 -0500 (EST)
Received: from jfc.tiac.net by jfc.tiac.net (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4)
id VAA05009; Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:29:48 -0500
Message-Id: <199611190229.VAA05009@jfc.tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:29:48 -0500
From: "John F. Carr" <jfc@tiac.net>
Sender: jfc@jfc.tiac.net
To: krb5-bugs@MIT.EDU
Subject: krb5 beta7 Solaris and Linux portability bugs

Show quoted text
>Number: 203
>Category: krb5-appl
>Synopsis: krb5 beta7 Solaris and Linux portability bugs
>Confidential: no
>Severity: serious
>Priority: medium
>Responsible: hartmans
>State: closed
>Class: sw-bug
>Submitter-Id: unknown
>Arrival-Date: Mon Nov 18 21:31:00 EST 1996
>Last-Modified: Sun Feb 22 21:28:42 EST 1998
>Originator:
>Organization:
>Release: beta-7
>Environment:
>Description:
>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:
>Audit-Trail:

Responsible-Changed-From-To: gnats-admin->krb5-unassigned
Responsible-Changed-By: hartmans
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Nov 21 17:22:37 1996
Responsible-Changed-Why:

Responsible-Changed-From-To: krb5-unassigned->hartmans
Responsible-Changed-By: hartmans
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Nov 22 12:09:26 1996
Responsible-Changed-Why:
I have fixed the pty problem and the lib/rpc problems. I don't
know how I should deal with the ftpd problem, and will remove ftpd/logwtmp.c
when I get to it.


From: Sam Hartman <hartmans@MIT.EDU>
To: jfc@tiac.net
Cc: krb5-bugs@MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: krb5-appl/203: krb5 beta7 Solaris and Linux portability bugs
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 17:38:14 -0500

I fixed several of the problems you reported for the Kerberos
1.0 release. In particular, I dealt with time_t as a temporary in
util/pty, and dealt with lib/rpc/types.hin not including stdlib.h when
present.

I did not have time to deal with src/appl/gssftp/popen.c but
hopefully I will before the code freeze. I don't plan on dealing with
the warnings until after the 1.0 release.

--Sam

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: tlyu
State-Changed-When: Sun Feb 22 21:28:20 1998
State-Changed-Why:

The logwtmp bug has been fixed already. Cleaning up stale bugs...

Show quoted text
>Unformatted:
Here are a few problems I had compiling krb5 beta7.

On a SPARC running Solaris 2.5.1:

1: If I have /usr/xpg4/bin in my path before /usr/bin,
mk_cmds std_rqs.ct
fails because /usr/xpg4/bin/sed writes an infinite number of "cmd:"
lines to stdout. /usr/bin/sed works. I don't know if this is a bug
in Solaris sed or the script.


On an Alpha running Linux (Linux 2.0, Redhat 4.0):

2: GNU C reports an error:
src/appl/gssftp/ftpd/popen.c:188: union has no member named `w_status'
The source code expects WAIT_USES_INT to be defined, but it is not.

3: src/lib/rpc/svc_udp.c casts the integer return value of mem_alloc
to a pointer. This will fail because pointers and integers are not
the same size. It appears that mem_alloc is #defined to be malloc,
but malloc is never declared (even though really does return a
pointer, because the compiler thinks it returns int the return value
will be truncated to 32 bits). The #ifdef __osf__ in types.hin should
instead be conditional on stdlib.h existing, which autoconf can
detect.

4: src/util/pty/update_wtmp.c:74 a call to time passes the wrong type
argument. ut.ut_time is an int and time_t is a long. You may have
to use a temporary or #ifdef for portability.

5: On Linux, system header files define a __P macro; so does
src/util/db2/include/db.h. The compiler prints a warning.
db.h should #undef __P before defining it.

6: src/appl/gssftp/ftpd/logwtmp.c defines a function logwtmp. This is
declared differently in <utmp.h> (const char * arguments instead of
char *). This file should not be compiled on Linux. Instead -lutil
should be linked.