Skip Menu |
 

Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.1KiB
From cross@inverness.eng.pubnix.com Thu Jan 29 16:41:32 1998
Received: from MIT.EDU (PACIFIC-CARRIER-ANNEX.MIT.EDU [18.69.0.28]) by rt-11.MIT.EDU (8.7.5/8.7.3) with SMTP id QAA15208 for <bugs@RT-11.MIT.EDU>; Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:41:32 -0500
Received: from inverness.eng.pubnix.com by MIT.EDU with SMTP
id AA18540; Thu, 29 Jan 98 16:41:42 EST
Received: (from cross@localhost)
by inverness.eng.pubnix.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) id QAA29333;
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:41:30 -0500 (EST)
Message-Id: <199801292141.QAA29333@inverness.eng.pubnix.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:41:30 -0500 (EST)
From: "Chris P. Ross" <cross@inverness.eng.pubnix.com>
Reply-To: cross@inverness.eng.pubnix.com
To: krb5-bugs@MIT.EDU
Cc: cross@inverness.eng.pubnix.com
Subject: minor nit in kadmin.local bahvaiour
X-Send-Pr-Version: 3.99

Show quoted text
>Number: 541
>Category: krb5-admin
>Synopsis: when kadmin.local is used, the "who modified" is "wrong"
>Confidential: no
>Severity: non-critical
>Priority: low
>Responsible: bjaspan
>State: open
>Class: sw-bug
>Submitter-Id: unknown
>Arrival-Date: Thu Jan 29 16:42:00 EST 1998
>Last-Modified:
>Originator: Chris P. Ross
>Organization:
UUNET Technologies, Inc.
Show quoted text
>Release: krb5-1.0.4
>Environment:
BSD/OS 3.1; sparc and Intel
System: BSD/OS inverness.eng.pubnix.com 3.1 BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 Kernel #1: Fri Jan 9 15:55:21 EST 1998 lidl@aphelion.va.pubnix.com:/export/src/bsdi/sys.new/compile/GENERIC.sparc_v9 sparc_v9


Show quoted text
>Description:
When kadmin.local is used to enter a new principal, it puts something
it constructs into the "who" part of the "Last modified" tag. In some cases,
this may not be a valid principal, tho it looks like it is.
Show quoted text
>How-To-Repeat:
Take a user that doesn't exist in the db. Become root on the server
as that user, and create a user@REALM principal with kadmin.local. Then,
getprinc on that user. It will show a "user/admin@REALM" under "Last
modified:". But, user/admin@REALM doesn't actually exist...
Show quoted text
>Fix:
Make it say something to indicate that no kerberos authentication was
done on the user who made/modified the principal being examined.
Show quoted text
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.1KiB
From cross@va.pubnix.com Wed Feb 11 19:01:30 1998
Received: from MIT.EDU (PACIFIC-CARRIER-ANNEX.MIT.EDU [18.69.0.28]) by rt-11.MIT.EDU (8.7.5/8.7.3) with SMTP id TAA20621 for <bugs@RT-11.MIT.EDU>; Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:01:29 -0500
Received: from jeeves.va.pubnix.com by MIT.EDU with SMTP
id AA07039; Wed, 11 Feb 98 19:01:41 EST
Received: from ballista.va.pubnix.com by jeeves.va.pubnix.com with ESMTP
(peer crosschecked as: ballista.va.pubnix.com [199.170.215.22])
id TAA17305; Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:01:15 -0500 (EST)
Received: by ballista.va.pubnix.com
id TAA08938; Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:01:15 -0500 (EST)
Message-Id: <TAA08938.199802120001@ballista.va.pubnix.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:01:15 -0500 (EST)
From: cross@va.pubnix.com (Chris P. Ross)
Reply-To: cross@va.pubnix.com
To: krb5-bugs@MIT.EDU
Cc: cross@va.pubnix.com
Subject: minor nit in kadmin.local bahvaiour
X-Send-Pr-Version: 3.99

Show quoted text
>Number: 547
>Category: krb5-admin
>Synopsis: when kadmin.local is used, the "who modified" is "wrong"
>Confidential: no
>Severity: non-critical
>Priority: low
>Responsible: bjaspan
>State: open
>Class: sw-bug
>Submitter-Id: unknown
>Arrival-Date: Wed Feb 11 19:02:01 EST 1998
>Last-Modified:
>Originator: Chris P. Ross
>Organization:
UUNET Technologies, Inc.
Show quoted text
>Release: krb5-1.0.4
>Environment:
System: BSD/OS ballista.va.pubnix.com 3.1 BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 Kernel #5: Fri Nov 21 16:28:46 EST 1997 lidl@pembroke.va.pubnix.com:/export/src/bsdi/sys/compile/DESKTOP i386


Show quoted text
>Description:
When kadmin.local is used to enter a new principal, it puts something
it constructs into the "who" part of the "Last modified" tag. In some cases,
this may not be a valid principal, tho it looks like it is.
Show quoted text
>How-To-Repeat:
Take a user that doesn't exist in the db. Become root on the server
as that user, and create a user@REALM principal with kadmin.local. Then,
getprinc on that user. It will show a "user/admin@REALM" under "Last
modified:". But, user/admin@REALM doesn't actually exist...
Show quoted text
>Fix:
Make it say something to indicate that no kerberos authentication was
done on the user who made/modified the principal being examined.

Show quoted text
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted: